Welcome to BOOM! 2016.
Eveything you need to know about the event is right here on this page. Just scroll to your area of interest below…
75 E State St
Columbus, OH 43215
Click more info below for special rates!
We have partnered with Parking Panda, the nationwide leader in online parking reservations, to allow visitors to purchase guaranteed parking near Red White & Boom. View real-time availability and pricing at many locations with great views of the fireworks.
Once purchased, parking is 100% guaranteed even if the location otherwise fills up. Simply present your purchase confirmation at the selected location, and this serves as your payment with no additional payments or fees ever. Parking availability is very limited, so it is strongly recommended that you purchase your parking for the festivities in advance.
For specific parking information, call any of the following downtown parking lots:
- Parking lots are located on the West side of COSI
- Available garages include the Front Street Garage, Neil Ave Garage, McConnell Garage, and Arena Garage.
- Visit arenadistrictparking.com for maps and additional information.
- Standard Parking (Arena District): 1-866-330-PARK (7275)
- Click here for map
- Garage entrances are on Front St. and Gay St.
- Red, White and Boom parking rates are $15 for general parking, $20 for premium spaces. Premium spaces are along the West wall of the garage and give the best viewpoint.
- Garages can be accessed from Third St. and Rich St.
Greater Columbus Convention Center
- Over 4,000 parking spots located near the event
- Partnered with PARKING PANDA
Also, check out many of the various surface lots
- Capital Plaza: (614) 224-7659
- Central Parking: (877) 717-0004
- Franklin County (Veterans Memorial): (614) 221-4341
- Standard Parking (Arena District): (614) 610-4040
Monday, June 27 from 9 am through Saturday July 2 at TBD
Washington Blvd from Broad st to Town St.
Wednesday, June 29 from 9 a.m. through Saturday, July 2 at 6 a.m.
• Civic Center Dr. from Broad St. to Main St. (Civic Center access to Supreme Court of Ohio must be maintained to garage and loading dock until noon on July 3rd)
Thursday, June 30 from 9 a.m. through Saturday, July 2 at 6 a.m.
• North and South curb lanes of Nationwide Blvd. from Neil Ave. to Ludlow Ave.
• Long St. from Hocking St. to Marconi Blvd. (on event morning one lane will open for rush hour from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.)
• Marconi Blvd. between Gay St. and Broad St.
Friday, July 1 from 9 a.m. through Saturday July 2 at 6 a.m.
• Nationwide Blvd. completely closed from Neil Ave. to Ludlow Ave.
• Marconi Blvd. from Nationwide Blvd. to Locust Ave.
• Marconi Blvd. from Long St. to Broad St.
• North curb lane of Broad St. from Cumberland Trail marker to Belle St.
Friday, July 1 from 2 p.m. (for parade formation) through 7 p.m.
• Main from 2nd to River
• Rich from River to McDowell
• Starling from Rich to Town
• Belle from Rich to Town
• Lucas from Rich to Town
• Civic Center from Mound to Main
For Parade Movement Only – July 1 from 5:50 p.m. until approx. 7:30 p.m.
• Lynn St. from Front St. to High St.
• Main from River to High
• Gay St. from Front St. to High St.
• Long St. from Marconi Blvd. to High St.
• Spring St. from Marconi Blvd. to High St.
• Lafayette St. from Front St. to High St.
• Nationwide Blvd. from Ludlow Ave. to High St.
• Spring St. from High St. to Neil Ave.
• Hickory St. from Front St. to Marconi Blvd.
• Rich St. from High St. to Civic Center Dr.
• Town St. from Belle St. to High St.
• Front St. from Main St. to Spring St.
• State St. from High St. to Front St.
• Rich St. from Mcdowell to River
Friday, July 1 from 6 p.m. (for fireworks) through midnight
• All streets south of Spring St., north of Mound St., east of McDowell St. and west of Third St.
Handicapped parking is available at the following locations:
• North side of Mound St. from 2nd St. to Civic Center Dr.
• Gay St. between High St. and Front St.
There are a couple of places which will be off-limits due to firework fallout zones. These fall out zones are state and federally managed and there is nothing Red, White & BOOM! can do-we must confirm to the laws. Due to this:
- Broad Street Bridge- it will close to pedestrian traffic at 9pm (subject to change to earlier) and you will not be allowed to watch from the Broad Street Bridge.
- Coleman’s Point (grass area west of Civic Center, along the river)-based off of where the fireworks are set off from, the grass area and some alcoves along the Scioto Mile will be CLOSED! There will be security at several points as well.
Berliner Park – Southwest of downtown
325 Greenlawn Avenue Columbus, OH 43223
You can go down as early at June 30th after 6pm. Please do no use stakes when marking your area. They will be removed.
- Anything placed before 5 p.m. on June 30 will be collected and taken to Bicentennial Park, 233 Civic Center Dr.
- To keep your parks beautiful, we request that personal canopies, tarps and blankets not be set-up until July 1.
- Areas should be marked with items that don’t present a danger to the public. STAKES AND POSTS ARE PROHIBITED as they pose a danger to playing children and can cause damage to irrigation systems.
The bridge will close this year to traffic at 5:30. It will close to pedestrians at 9 PM. You will not be allowed to watch the fireworks from the Broad Street Bridge.
***Bridge may close earlier or later CPD or CFD discretion***
It kicks off at the corner of Main St. and 2nd St.; heads across the Main St. Bridge toward Front St.; turns north on Front St. and concludes at Spring St.
The stages are located in Bicentennial Park, Taste of BOOM! (Nationwide Blvd. and McConnell Blvd.), East Plaza of the Arena. (Near Nationwide Arena), and on Long St. (at the corner of Hanover St.)
NONE of the above are permitted on the event site. Alcohol may be purchased and consumed at Taste of BOOM! and on Nationwide Blvd. in the Arena District, on Long St., Civic Center Dr., Main St. and Washington Blvd.
The fireworks launch site is in the Genoa Park on the east side of COSI. The fireworks will still be shot over the river.
All stage line-ups have been filled. Please send promotional information to the following address to be considered in 2017: PO Box 2816, Westerville, Ohio 43082.
Red, White & BOOM! is held on July 1 so it does not interfere with any of the Central Ohio communities’ firework displays and events on July 4. Red, White & BOOM! never takes place on a weekend, therefore, it is July 1 this year.
- Monday, July 3, 2017
- Tuesday, July 3, 2018
- Wednesday, July 3, 2019
No. Red, White & BOOM! is produce by Promotions One, Inc with great help from contributions and promotional support of the event sponsors.
For information on boating and acceptable locations, please see Columbus Recreation and Parks link below.
RWB blog post on the Scioto Mile website:
The show will begin at 10 p.m. and will last for approximately 26 minutes.
The best views will be at Bicentennial Park, along Long St., Nationwide Blvd., Washington Blvd. and Civic Center. Spots will be taken quickly so it will be in your best interest to arrive early.
No. If the weather prevents Red, White & BOOM! from shooting the fireworks display at the designated time, every effort will be made to fire the show by midnight. However, if it is not possible, the fireworks exhibit will be canceled.
Yes. The rebroadcast time for fireworks is 7 p.m. on July 2.
Yes, you may bring a cooler. Please have your cooler labeled with your name and cell phone number. Because of security concerns any cooler unattended and not labeled may be confiscated by Columbus Police.
A different question not answered on here? Try the following: